Thursday, 27 December 2012

21 lessons I've learned in 21 Years



I'm writing this because I believe that to get the best out of life, you need to constantly be learning and expanding your knowledge. I love to learn new things, I want to do better and be better. But I've realised that I have learned a lot though my 21 years of living. I turn 21 today and I have come along way.
Here's a list of lessons learned, mistakes that I may or may not repeat, and life lessons that have made me who I am today:

1) You cannot please everybody and you certainly cannot be friends with everybody.
2) The ability to be silly. Be a kid at heart.
3) Google has an answer for everything!!
4) If the milk smells funny, it's gone off! Don't drink it!!
5) Honesty is the best policy.
6) You will never know how far you can go, until you go.
7) Don't procrastinate or give excuses. What you do today, will be who you are tomorrow.
8) Do not compare yourself to others. You are you, and that is perfect.
9) Educate yourself. Read books. Knowledge is power.
10) Never give up. Never give in. Don't quit.
11) It's OK to be different.
12) Don't judge others. You don't know the battles others face.
13) Time heals.
14) If it's not meant to be, learn to let go.
15) It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. Fitness or weight loss does not happen overnight. It's a journey.
16) Make mistakes. Learn from them, try not to repeat them!
17) Take responsibility for the things that you do.
18) Showing emotion is not a weakness. But being weak is a choice and so is being strong.
19) Friends and the people closest to you will come and go. Some will come back, some won't. That's okay. Love the memories you had with them.
20) When people show you who they are, trust them.
21) Fear will block your way, love comes in many different ways, and you must never lose hope.

I just want to thank everyone that I love, who has taught me something important these 21 years. I have been blogging for a year now and 2012 has been the best year of my life! Although some terrible things happened to me,and to those around me who I love dearly, 2012 has been an amazing year. One which I will never forget. I still have a lot to learn. If I have learned anything, its that I know nothing at all. I may be wrong sometimes, and I look forward to the many life lessons left to teach me.



8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.