Wednesday, 18 July 2012

Imperfection of life competition Fault Magazine 09
Evie Chrysostomou
Life Got In The Way (2008)



You were the one to teach me right from wrong,
You held me up when I couldn’t go on,
You taught me to never lie, to hold my head up high,
You made me proud, all I wanted was the world to see
What you meant to me.



But life got in the way.
Tore us apart,
Made us forget how to stay, how to talk night and day,
It changed our ways.
Pushing us to the limit
And over the edge and into a place where we couldn't care.




Now its all changed, the good days are long gone,
Wiped from my mind, your trail of lies,
Along with your false alibi’s,
And with the love we shared, but couldn't bear
Im cutting you out, throwing my rule book away
And you were right, it made me forget who I was for a day
But now all is left is the emptyness, of you and me
The emptyness of life.



But life got in the way.
Tore us apart,
Made us forget how to stay, how to talk night and day,
It changed our ways.
Pushing us to the limit
And over the edge and into a place where we couldn't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.