In February I will be spending 2 lovely days in Hamsterjam (Amsterdam) during my reading week!! Ohmygawd. I literally cannot wait to go back to the beautiful city and explore some more! I am so very excited about this seeing as I'm not going away during the summer... damn jury duty!
The first time I went to Amsterdam was for an art trip in 2007, which was the best school trip I have ever been on! We went to various art museums, saw Anne Frank's house, took a trip on the canal during the night so we could see all the lights, and got up to general mischief. Memories include:
- seeing a guy with his hands down his pants in the middle of McDonalds and calling the police,
- the god awful food they served us and the hotel in general,
- when we thought there was a mouse in our room,
- hanging out on the bed/roof all night talking,
- the teachers thinking my friends were on drugs when thats how they naturally are,
- Helen's new best friend,
- bowling/diso night,
- the guys who broke into our room in the middle of the night,
- naked man doing exercises in the hotel window across the street,
- condoms on the window sill,
- chocolate factory and Alice being banned from going.
I hope that this time round, Amsterdam will be just as entertaining!